English Language Secondary School, Lower Secondary School and Primary School named after Władysław Kopaliński in Bielsko-Biała are the schools that educates pupils in two-language system; most of school subjects are taught in English and Polish languages. All the schools offer attractive and interesting programme of education elaborated with the concern about the future of our pupils.
The School offers:
- classes conducted by highly qualified, English speaking teachers (also academic ones) who base their work on original programmes of education,
- classes in History, Knowledge about Society, Mathematics, Physics and Astronomy, Knowledge about Culture, Rudiments of Enterprise, Chemistry, Biology, Geography, Ethics, Religion, Art and Physical Education and in the primary school – integrated teaching in Polish and English languages,
- extended programme of education in English Language:
- in primary school: 7 classes a week,
- in lower secondary school: 7 classes a week,
- in secondary school: 10 classes a week
- three years' cycle of preparation to international examinations in English language:
- First Certificate in English (FCE) – for pupils from lower secondary school,
- Certificate in Advanced English (CAE) or even Certificate in Proficiency English– for pupils from secondary school
- high level of education that facilitates continuation of studies at universities and academies in Poland and abroad,
- classes and lectures in English in General Literature, History of Art and Knowledge of Cultures, among others, within the programme of education,
- tutorial care over pupils exercised by form masters and the school educationalist,
- realisation of plans of education basing on reliable methods and modern didactic means,
- educational model based on universal values and on perfecting emotional features,
- education in small groups,
- school day-care centre open till 5 p.m. (for primary school pupils),
- second obligatory foreign language: French, German, Spanish Italian or Russian to be chosen by each pupil individually,
- possibility to live in a boarding house with full board – for pupils from outside Bielsko-Biała.
Pupils and teachers have at their disposal:
- classrooms equipped with multimedia equipment,
- a modern computer room,
- a gymnasium and a fitness room,
- practical Chemistry classes in chemical laboratory,
- a canteen (in primary school),
- a room to conduct corrective gymnastics (for primary school pupils).
There are following clubs active at school:
- Mathematics Club,
- Physics Club,
- Theatre Club,
- (meetings in these clubs are held in two languages – Polish and English),
- Faculty classes that prepare to school-leaving examinations in individual subjects.
We offer also:
- and international activities, exchange of youth connected with education in foreign partner schools, realisation of international tasks with schools from Holland and Germany, among others, within the frames of ELOS programme.
- summer and winter sport camps (sailing and ski camps, among others),
- trips to theatres and to see exhibitions,
- diverse interesting competitions organised at school,
- study trips,
- possibility to study the third foreign language (French, German, Spanish or Russian) to be chosen by each pupil individually within the frames of after school activities,
- classes on swimming pool and on skating rink,
- classes that increase effectiveness of learning.
Our school creates ...
... favourable conditions for comprehensive development of young people. We aim at equipping our pupils with key abilities and competence:
- the ability to plan, organise and self-assess own learning (including the ability to search for and verify information, knowledge of foreign languages, responsibility for own education, rational time managing),
- the ability to communicate effectively in various situations (including presentation of the own point of view, justifying and defending own opinion, readiness to listen and take into account views and opinions of other people),
- ability to cooperate effectively in a group (including here negotiating and reaching agreements, taking group decisions, using democratic procedures, establishing and keeping contacts),
- ability to solve problems in a creative way (including here managing the uncertainty and complexity of occurrences, their overall and contextual perceiving, flexible reacting when faced with changes, searching for new solutions, facing adversities),
- the ability to use computer efficiently.